Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Post via E-Mail

edited March 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Okay so i want to roll out vanilla to a group of old foggies who may or may not like the forum style but deffinitlly want try it. In order to ease them in i will need a way for vanilla to send out any new posts to peoples email and then be able to receive replies to those emails and post in the proper discussion. In essence turning the forum into a email list/forum hybrid. I know PHPBB has a similiar feature called Mail-2-Forum. I really like vanilla though and would prefer to use it. I have a team of 3 beg. programmers who can devote 1 1/2 weeks, 10hrs per week to the task. Would it be possible to develope this functionality in that time?

Comments

• This idea has been talked about a lot---as recently as a few days ago---though nothing has come of it. Try searching for more info.
  • I do realize the subject has been talked about alot. I was proposing acctually doing it. I just wanted to find out if anyone out there knew a general time estimate for developing that particular addon.
  • Depends on the skill of the programmers really.
  • Yeah, this would be a MAJOR step forward for Vanilla in my opinion
This discussion has been closed.