Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Recovering deleted discussion

edited March 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
How would I go about this? I've deleted a thread that I didn't mean too. I was cleaning up spam on my forum made by a couple of mates and there was a genuine discussion that was on page two and all that page was spam so I thought that was the whole post.

Comments

• Options
    If you give your role the permission to view deleted discussions you can go and find it and undelete it.
  • Options
    Thats the thing. I have that settting on but I see no posts with [deleted] tag. Is there a way to search for them/?
  • Options
    Well if you do a normal topic search they should come up.
  • Options
    Were they deleted using the pretend [hide] method or the real [extension: remove comments] way?
  • Options
    Pretty sure the pretend hide way.. Just normal "delete discussion" on the left bar that some with standard vanilla I done a search and its not showing up :(
  • Options
    Go to your account tab, preferences, and make sure the 'show deleted' boxes are checked.
  • Options
    http://offroadingsubarus.com/images/temp/printscreen1.jpg Like so? Still not there.
  • Options
    I have the same problem. I cannot see deleted discussions even with appropriate permissions. Ideas?
  • Options

You need the correct option in Roles & Permissions as you posted above, but you also need to set these options in your Forum Preferences on the Account page.
  • Options
    yep that did it for me.. thanks
This discussion has been closed.