Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

IE8 beta 1

edited March 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
It's breaking the web, and once again it breaking the one written with standard...

So far I just noticed on the discussion page (the title and its label, e.g. [stiky] are on two lines.

The "Emulate IE7" button (and I guess version targeting) fix it.

Comments

• It's supposed to be bloody standards-compliant. I suppose it's only beta 1 but I'm not holding my breath.
  • Here we go again, do we never learn?
  • do WE never learn?? or do you mean: does microsoft never learn?
  • I think people should start learning not to use Microsoft products. Obviously this doesn't apply to most of the present company.
  • edited March 2008
    It pass acid test 2. so yes, it is standard compliant. The problem is that we assume IE is not. so the fixes for ie < 8 applied to IE8 break the page in IE8. It is just a guess for this bug (maybe it's a IE8 bug) but that's what did happen when ie7 went out: http://www.thinkvitamin.com/features/design/internet-explorer-7-were-you-ready
  • Acid2 is actually not a 100% standards compliance test. And it also tests non-standard error corrections. So, it is possible to pass Acid2 and still have a very buggy browser.
  • I looked it after, and I think it's a bug - I couldn't isolate it so I am not sure. There is so some rules to trigger the hasLayout properties in IE6 and IE7 but I don't think they have anything to do with it. About the ie7 emulator, it does a good job but it's not perfect. There are bugs in IE8 render mode with the avatar, that are not fix with the emulator.
This discussion has been closed.