Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

extentions not enabling

something happened with my forum where now none of my extensions are enabled, they wont enable now ill hit enable then when i go back they are not enabled. Any help?

Comments

• Look at your conf/extensions.php file and see if it is okay.
  • edited March 2008
    What jimw presumably means is check the permissions on the file, as per the install/troubleshooting instructions.

I've just started getting exactly the same problem, after months of flawlessly working, and I didn't touch anything. I'm wondering if Dreamhost has thrown a server config switch somewhere that's screwing things up, because even though I didn't change anything, enabling extensions just won't 'stick', and I've double and triple checked permissions on all the files, even trying to downgrade the permissions on the files in the conf/ folder to 666 from 777. No joy.
  • I also meant to check the contents of the file and see if there is data there.
  • I'm having a similar problem the extension isn't even listed on the page to enable it in my case though...any suggestions?
  • Checking the conf/extensions.php file after trying to activate an extension through the settings page of the app shows that there is no change to it - it remains blank (with two blank lines). Should it be blank before trying to enable any extensions? What should a line look like in the file if an extension is enabled? (I'd like to try manually editing it to see if that 'takes'...)

Permissions for the conf folder and all files inside are 777. Permissions for everything else that needs to be are set at 755.

I'm stumped!
  • The conf/extensions.php file should look something similar to: <?php // Make sure this file was not accessed directly and prevent register_globals configuration array attack if (!defined('IN_VANILLA')) exit(); // Enabled Extensions include($Configuration['EXTENSIONS_PATH']."ShowParticipants/default.php"); include($Configuration['EXTENSIONS_PATH']."CountCharacters/default.php"); include($Configuration['EXTENSIONS_PATH']."MemberGoogleMap/default.php"); include($Configuration['EXTENSIONS_PATH']."CommentLinks/default.php"); //... and more extensions here... ?>
  • edited March 2008
    Thanks for that, Miquel, I'll try editing it directly.

Edit: Fantastic! That did the trick. Thanks so much for your help... can I suggest maybe somewhere in the doco a listing of what those conf files look like when they're fresh? I have no idea how my got blanked out, but it's all good now.

Thanks again.
  • edited March 2008
    mine did the same thing. I checked my extensions.php and it had only one listing.

include($Configuration['EXTENSIONS_PATH']."Mootools/appendix.php");

so im thinking it may have something to do with Mootools 1.8?

I deleted that string and added

<?php?
    >
    and it seems to have fixed
  • @ stav yeah, I suppose it could be helpful in some situations, just like yours ;)
  • I have mootools 1.8, and it didn't do that!

it may be the forced attributes addon, or whatever it's called. I know it has some MAJOR issues with the more recent versions of vanilla.
  • yeah i had mootools in mine too only, after putting what should have been in there it worked! Thanks all
  • Yeah, I was getting an error on all pages referencing Mootools (out of the blue) which initiated the whole bughunt adventure (which is now resolved). Something's conflicting somewhere there.
This discussion has been closed.