Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Display the Last Name and First Name instead of the nickname

edited March 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hello, I'm a new Vanilla user, and I want to display the users Last Name and First Name instead of their nickname. I also want to add the fields Last Name and First Name compulsory at the subscription. How can to that, please? Thanks (Excuse my English, I'm french)

Comments

• Options
    the easyest way is to make the users put in their nickname their first & last name, that would save you some work ;)
  • Options
    or you could use the UserInfo extension, which displays the users first and last name, as well as their role in a tooltip when you 'hover' your cursor on their username (in a comment)
  • Options
    @ Miquel: Yes, but some people won't do it and it's an association forum so the real identity is compulsory. ;) @ fysicsluvr: I would like to show the user first & last name also on the mainpage. :-)
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Yea, we'll have to see if Fyorl can update it to do that. (it should be a pretty simple fix; I could probably do it)

I'll se if I can, later. I'll be sure to post a link!

EDIT:
    nope, Fyorl did it only for comments.php, and adding different pages to the if statement doesn't do it, due to the way Fyorl triggered the tooltip. (only on the link created by the post; if you had put a link to a user's page in a comment, it wouldn't have given it a tooltip - nice coding Fyorl)
This discussion has been closed.