Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Using Vanilla as a big sites forum

edited April 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
So I'm workin site that uses Vanilla forum so I'm asking here some basic (?) questions: 1) How can I make a news in dirrefent page (www.domain.com/index.php) for example and if you are not signed in in forum (www.domain.com/forum/ ), you can not read it? Or just simple text: If you are signed in to the forum, you can see some text that are in external page, and if you are not signed in you don't? 2) Can I somehow bring the "login box" to the external page? Like (again) if you come to the index (www.domain.com/index.php) there would be a "login-box" and when you login to that, it would login to the forum (www.domain.com/forum/) . I think that's it now.. I would really appreciate if someone could help me

Comments

• Options
    for the first point you could use PageManager + DefaultPage for the second...well i suppose the same than above and adding some kind of a log-in control inside the page
  • Options
    Hmm.. I have now both of them, but how should I do it?
  • Options
    And also, how can I search the user info that's logged in? For example if I wan't to but to the index text "Hello (user) !"
  • Options
    with page manager you can create a new page for the system, and with default page you can set it as the default page that either logged or non-logged (or both) would get when they enter the site inside a page created with page manager you can add php and vanilla code: <p>Hello <?php echo $this->Context->Session->User->Name; ?> !</p> would do what you ask ;) and so on!
This discussion has been closed.