Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Using Organic Theme with new version of Vanilla

nannan
edited April 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I upgraded to the new version of Vanilla, and so I uploaded the updated version of the theme Organic, but it is not applying the css styles, so the page is all screwed up. Can someone tell me where to look to see where the link to the stylesheet is broken? In the BT_Style table, it is correct. When I first switched to this theme, it worked fine, but now I can't get to find the css again, even if I apply a different theme and then go back to Organic. I tried re-uploading the theme too. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    It works for me. Can you provide a link to your site?
  • Options
    You have to pay to sign up for this website, so I went in and temporarily set up a username and password for now, guest and guest, with admin priviledges if you want to try to change the theme. No one is using this forum yet. http://www.braintrustinc.com/thebraintrust/ The pages are not getting the CSS no matter which other theme I try. The one that works is vanillasky, but I upgraded to the 1.1.4 and now if you sink, close or make a discussion sticky, or bookmark it, I get error messages which are all related to the library/Vanilla/Vanilla.Functi ons.php function DiscussionPrefix. In another post on this forum, I found out it is because the vanillasky theme has not been updated to work properly with the new Vanilla version. Thanks for your help.
  • Options
    WOW! the organic theme is working! My client now wants to look at the default Vanilla theme. Will it work too? What was I doing wrong? Thank you!
  • Options
    I just changed your theme to Organic and it works just fine.
  • Options
    I think you didn't check the box where it says "Apply this style to all users".
  • Options
    are you kidding? That was it? I thought you could leave that unchecked if you just wanted to have it be the theme YOU wanted. In other words, I thought everyone could choose their own theme if they had admin powers. I guess that was wrong. Thank you for letting me know this.
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    if you don't check the "Apply this style to all users" box, it will apply the css for only your session, but it will not apply the html. This works great when testing different styles for the same theme, but looks really crappy when using a style not meant for the current theme. See this discussion.
This discussion has been closed.