Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Display problem in IE7

edited April 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hello!

I've created a new forum and everything works fine. There is only a small display problem in IE7:

"Alle Diskussionen" should be on the left side, as in all other browsers too...

How can I solve this?

Thanks for help!

Comments

• could you provide a link?
  • hm.. It's in a private Site.. I can't give this link here... there is a lot of personally stuff on this domain... But for what you need it? You will only see what is on the screenshot above...

Do you need some code? A css-file?

Anyway thanks a lot for your help!!
  • What we could do with a link, would be to analyze what's happening by (viewing the source) using something like the Firebug extension for Firefox. We could then see all the html and css around that portion of the page that's causing the misplacement.

Another thing you could do is recreate the problem on a different website (or subdirectory) by installing all the addons, themes, styles, etc. in the private forum. Then we could see it in action.
  • Ah, okay I understand. Well, I have to put the site on a new server (with a public domain) in a few days... (now it's on my personal site for testing and solving such problems). Then I will post the link here and you can test it with all your tools..

Yes, that would be great, good idea!
  • Problem solved.

There was this in the main css-file:

html>body .ContentInfo h1 { width:80% !important; }

I've changed this to 100% like this:

html>body .ContentInfo h1 { width:100% !important; }

and now the it works!

Who knows why... :-)
    -> Probably I've changed another thing and with that 80% it ends in an display error in IE 7...
This discussion has been closed.