Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Updating from 1.1.2 to 1.1.4

edited April 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Are there any directions to update from version 1.1.2 to 1.1.4, or do I have to install 1.1.3 in between? I could not find the directions for this. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Should be able to do a straight shot. Good idea to make a backup though, especially if you customized any files or are using a non-default theme. Nothing changed in the database structure so it's not necessary to backup, but would be a good time to do one.
  • Options
    Thanks for asking the question abcpeanuts, I need to do the same update but I'm reluctant because if something breaks I don't have the time to fix it.

Do let us know how it goes? image
  • Options
    You go first :) I feel the same way.
  • Options
    No, no after you, I insist! image
  • Options
    Wallphone or anyone else....should I just follow the directions for 1.1.3 to 1.1.4? I don't want to mess up.
  • Options
    I'd combine the instructions for both 1.1.3 and 1.1.4 as found here: http://lussumo.com/docs/doku.php?id=vanilla:upgrading
  • Options
    Thanks. This seems a bit confusing. So, just follow the directions for upgrades to 1.1.3 first, then the upgrades to 1.1.4? Seems like a lot of work!
  • Options
    Wanderer, just updated. No apparent problems. I just followed the 1.1.3 to 1.1.4, and it worked. The forum is actually going a little faster now. Hope it works for you.
  • Options
    Thanks mate, you are a pioneering legend!

Now I need to check my list of core hacks!
  • Options
    LOL, thanks.

Did you ever update?
  • Options
    Not yet, I have some time coming up in a week or so, I like to be uninterrupted and have an open-ended time span which actually means my wife needs to be out of state!
  • Options
    Ha Ha! Too funny.
This discussion has been closed.