Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Complete begineer, no idea where to start.

edited June 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hey guys, Sorry to post such an obvious question but after I installed the image browser I see the below error. I'm doing something fundamentally wrong but can't figue out what. Any ideas? Cheers It's installed locally so can't post the link, but here is the error. http://www.themountainbikers.co.uk/error.txt

Comments

• Options
    I would say install it again. Could be a file got corrupted.
  • Options
    thanks jimw I did install it a few times, from fresh downloads. All I should have to do initial is intall it and point the browser to it's index page and go from there is that correct?
  • Options
    I have just installed this onto the web server and it seems to work, not sure why it didn't work locally but hey. cheers
  • Options
    I had the same problem when doing a fresh install some hours ago and after some tests I have found where the problem is. It seems that the problem appears only if short open tags is disabled in PHP configuration. So the problem can be solved in two different ways:
    • Enable short open tags in php config (easy if you have access to php.ini on the server).
    • Change the first line from <? to <?php in both index.php and thumbnailer.php
    That's all! Now it should be working!
This discussion has been closed.