Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Can't get all extenstions working

edited April 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hello all, new here & a newbie, so please be kind. I've just had my webmaster get my forum setup. He has installed several extensions and we have 3 that are not working. CategoryRoles I do not see anything change. I understand that his should give me option to allow only certain members to start a Discussion in a Category. Should I see something different in the Category configuration when this extension is enabled? Quotations When this is enabled, I see the "quote" option on the posts, but when I click it I get "<blockquote><cite>Posted By: </blockquote>" in the text of my post. Should I not be seeing some kind of box or highlight? Does this need to work in conjunction with an HTML editor? Signatures When enabled, it provides a field in the user's account for the signature, but nothing is displayed in the user's posts. Any suggestions are welcomed

Comments

• CategoryRoles also has a few files that need to be put in the themes folder. See it's readme.
  • Thanks, I'll be sure that my webmaster reviews that. Cheers
  • Signatures requires a change to a theme file, also in its readme. Not sure of the quotations issue, probably related to the javascript with it.
  • re: quotations, are you highlighting text to be quoted before clicking 'quote'?
  • Hi I'll be sure he reads the readme. "Highlighting text", never thought of that! Is that how it works. I tried that, it makes no difference. Thanks for the feedback.
This discussion has been closed.