Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

How do I get this forum's HTML add-on?

I recently downloaded the vanilla forum software, and I notice that I have an option to enable HTML use for certain roles. However, I've also noticed that this forum has a couple of radio buttons that allow you to choose to post as either text or html. Can my members really post in HTML, or will I have to download an update to have it work like this forum?

Comments

• Options
    Lots of cool add-ons in the repository: HTML Formatters. You can see all the Installed Add-Ons for this forum.

Someone else will have to chime in and tell you the details about that HTML option.
  • Options
    I'm as pro-freeware as the next guy, but how do I find the exact add-on used for this forum? I don't want some half-baked add-on destabilizing my forum. If it's good enough for this place, it's good enough for me.
  • Options
    the html formatter on this site is HtmlFormatter, but I personally recommend kses(X)HTML. It's much more secure than the HtmlFormatter.
    kses (X)HTML...and it also does several checks on
    attribute values. kses can be used to avoid Cross-Site Scripting (XSS),
    Buffer Overflows and Denial of Service attacks.
This discussion has been closed.