Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Error in Closing Discussions

edited April 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I cannot find the option to block comments from a particular discussion - not those in an entire category. I believe the answer would be to write an extension and would totally take it upon myself to get this started, but wanted to know if this is already an option and I'm just missing it - or if not, where would be the best place to start looking in the code to get hints in creating this extension. After a search, closest thing I found was here: http://lussumo.com/community/discussion/4301/ but not exactly what I'm looking for.

Comments

• Options
    Cant you just close the discussion?
  • Options
    I feel like an idiot. That's what I was looking for. The reason I initially dismissed this was because my theme threw an error when closing the discussion. In order to remedy this - where should I look?
  • Options
    What's the error?
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    comments.php <div id="Content"> Fatal error: Call to a member function GetDefinition() on a non-object in D:\Data\knowledge\forum\library\Vanilla\Vanilla.Functions.php on line 28 Going to go from there... This error also comes up when I try to sink or sticky the article. This is most likely somewhere in the comment.php code I based my theme off of the "A Beautiful Lie" theme.
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Lines 28/29 of that file... under the DiscussionPrefix function.. if ($Discussion->Closed && $Context->GetDefinition('TextClosed') != '' && $Prefix != '') $Prefix .= ', '; if ($Discussion->Closed) $Prefix .= $Context->GetDefinition('TextClosed'); Found where my comments.php had.. $CommentList .= DiscussionPrefix($this->Context->Configuration, $this->Discussion).' '; and just removed that line - this also removes the [Closed] Prefix as well - which is something I wanted to do anyways. Two birds, one stone! Amazing what can happen once you turn off error_reporting(0); Thanks for your help.
This discussion has been closed.