Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

choose role upon approval

edited April 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Would it be possible to craft an extension that would allow administrators to not only approve applicants, but choose roles for them individually? (drop down box?)

Comments

• Options
    Ask and you shall receive.

I decided against individual dropdowns for every applicant in favor of one dropdown that assigns the role for all approved applicants. It's easier to code and it saves clicks if you are approving lots of users to different roles at once.

It's an interesting problem, as the Applicants form lacks the necessary delegation hooks. I ended up hacking the select box onto the end of the label text at the top of the form. This works for the default Vanilla theme but would not work for a theme that chose to render this label outside of the actual form.
  • Options
    well done squirrel, you're on fire lately!!
  • Options
    nice!
  • Options
    Maybe it's time for a new account picture.
  • Options
    xD
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Maybe it's time for a new account picture.

that would be soo cool
  • Options
    what are you talking about Hamed?
  • Options
    i quoted him
    but it did not work

weird
  • Options
    xD again (funny situation, nothing personal against Hamed)
  • Options
    yeah i guess it is pretty funny
    lol
  • Options
    no, what squirrel meant was that it was time to change his icon (to a flaming squirrel) ...
    Hamedthat would be soo cool
    ...is in future tense
  • Options
    oh my bad i thought he wanted to make a new account picture (cuz the current one does not work)
  • Options
    That's a bit much for me to take on. I'm just looking for ways to procrastinate on Affinity.
This discussion has been closed.