Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Landing page after signing out

edited March 2009 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
When clicking the "Sign Out" link on the top-right corner, Vanilla sends the user to an almost blank page with a "You have been signed out successfully" message. What would I need to change so the user will be kept on the same page or at the very least sent to the forum index upon signing out?

Thanks a bunch!

Comments

• Options
    Good question, that "almost blank" page annoys me too.

It shouldn't be too hard to to re-direct to another page with relevant content.

Sounds like an extension request to me.
  • Options
    You could also make a theme with just one file overridden to suit your needs: people_signout_form_validpostback.php

If you want to go the extension route, here's the relevant Delegates: Leave::PreValidPostBackRender, Leave::PostValidPostBackRender (location in library/People/People.Control.Leave.php)
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Yeah, messing with people_signout_form_validpostback.php isn't getting me the desired effect.

Can you explain what to change in the "/people/People.Control.Leave.php" to have it redirect to Vanilla index or another URL?
  • Options
    You can create a new theme or just alter people_signout_form_validpostback.php to:

<?php // Note: This file is included from the library/People/People.Control.Leave.php class. echo '<div class="FormComplete"> <h2>'.$this->Context->GetDefinition('SignOutSuccessful').'</h2> <ul> <li><a href="'.GetUrl($this->Context->Configuration, $this->Context->SelfUrl).'">'.$this->Context->GetDefinition('SignInAgain').'</a></li> </ul> </div>'; // Redirect back to index after signing out header('Location: '.GetUrl($this->Context->Configuration, 'index.php')); ?>
  • Options
    Sweet, works like a charm. I'm working on a highly customized theme, so adding another template *.php isn't a big deal.
    Thanks sjeeps!
  • Options
    Hi, I´ve been looking for a way to redirect login/out to a custom page. I see here you are talking about it, but I´m a really newby in this... would it be possible to explain it with more details? Thanks a lllloooooottttt in advance!