Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

No options for posting? Does this require an upgrade?

Does the basic vanilla not enable images/hotlinks/email or the other normal forum buttons?

Comments

• Options
    Like rich text editors? i have downloaded every add-on with similar description but they look just like this text box; text only, no images no hot links...
  • Options
    What about FCK editor or tinymce?
  • Options
    I have both enabled and checked but still no options on test posts http://www.azfixed.com/Vanilla-1.1.4/
  • Options
    I cant tell without a login to your forum but before you do anything else i'd recommend you change the folder to your forum to either just vanilla or forum or something.
  • Options
    That is my second problem, when i move it to my / directory how do i change the settings to adapt to the new url
  • Options
    You'd be best just installing it there in the first place. It's possible to change the settings but it's a bit tricky and if you cant get extensions going I wouldnt like to place bets how successfully you'd be able to do it.
  • Options
    How do you install it there? what designation do you give the file when you unpack it?
  • Options
    What do you mean by designation?
  • Options
    the server asks where you want to unpack teh files to, what do you type there? simply a: /?
  • Options
    but that aside, any ideas why the forum wont allow posting HTML and the like?
  • Options
    i can get all the other extensions to work but those
  • Options
    I sure don't know what you mean, but I would try "/"
  • Options
    what i mean is: how do you change your forum from mydomain.com/vanilla to just: mydomain.com?
  • Options
    the easiest way (as mentioned above), would be to install it in "/" rather than "/forum/"
  • Options
    too late for that i am afraid. Changing it doesnt seem to be an option i guess
  • Options
    is this an already-in-action forum? What I meant was to delete the folder /vanilla/ and the MySQL db, and start fresh w/ a new db, but in the root directory.
  • Options
    ok then how do you point your browser to that location for the setup? normally it would be mydomain.com/vanilla/setup
  • Options
    it would be mydomain.com/setup , the forum doesn't have to be in a folder vanilla, all the files can sit in the root.
  • Options
    Might I also suggest that you investigate your roles and permissions settings pages to make sure the correct roles have the correct permissions for any new extensions.
  • Options
    i appreciate the comments and suggestions. I was able to get the extension working. I love Vanila and the community thanks again
This discussion has been closed.