Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Draft / future discussion

edited May 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
It'd be really nice if someone would make an extension that lets users create drafts/future discussion.

How would I like it to act:

1. Users start discussions with a pre-set publish date and category
2. Those discussions land in one category - lets call it "Drafts" and stay there in chronological order until the pre-set date
3. After that they're automatically moved to the appropriate category set by the user

I can see a lot of potential uses of this extension - not only for creating drafts. And it'd be nice if one could choose whether users can see and comment on those drafts or not.

Comments

• Options
    this sounds really good I hope some one decides to work on it
  • Options
    Hmmm... perhaps one can only see their own drafts in the draft category (or possibly allow select others to view and/or edit a certain post) and allow them to select which category it will be in. The only thing that's left is a drafting mechanism for comments! Another thing that needs to be done is to remove the edited flag from it once it's posted, and say something like:

Drafted (date/time of first draft) Posted (date/time submitted)

and also:

With contributions from: (username)

Still keeping the X minutes ago / X hours ago / etc.

This would be especially useful for the blogging addons, so compatibility is a must!

Also see these discussions.
This discussion has been closed.