Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Setting cookies for one time login.

edited May 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hey i am having problems setting up cookies! I have succesfully integrated my website and forum database but when i try to login in through my website login script the cookies, forum is unable to recognise the cookies set at the time of authentication. i have added these lines to my login script to set up forum cookies setcookie("lussumocookieone", $user_id, 0, "/", "yourdomain.com"); setcookie("lussumocookietwo", $verification_key, 0, "/", "yourdomain.com"); Please note i have successfully echoed $user_id and $verification_key as well.

Comments

• Options
    What do yu have the cookie domain and path set as in vanilla?
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Cookie domain is webcampuz.com and cookie path is /community/ ... So what are you getting at?
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Hope this helps to figure out the problem $Configuration['COOKIE_DOMAIN'] = 'domain.com'; $Configuration['COOKIE_PATH'] = '/community/'; setcookie("lussumocookieone", $user_id, 0, "/community/", "domain.com"); setcookie("lussumocookietwo", $verification_key, 0, "/community/", "domain.com"); So whats the problem guys! Please help.
  • Options

Change it to $Configuration['COOKIE_PATH'] = '/';

That should both applications to access the cookie. I'm kind of a n00b though when it comes to cookies, so someone should correct me if I'm wrong.

• Options
    Ok all done.. Works fine. The mistake was mine from the beginning. Okay so this Discussion has been resolved.!

OK i sum it up then. For people who are having the same trouble. This is what i did and i hope this help you.

First you use this guide written by the almighty MARK to combine your database with vanilla database.

Second step is use this blog for authentication, You know that one time login which you are dying to achieve.

Well thats it! if you are still having problems. That means that there is something wrong on your side, keep trying. It worked fine for me. This is the site. www.webcampuz.com where you can register once and it will automatically log you in to the webcampuz.com community. which is hereCommunity.
  • Options
    the link to the community site from your main site is broken

the url links to /Community, and the forum is in /community
  • Options
    Thought i fixed this before, Damn this ftp. Anyways thanks miquel for the heads up. Anymore bugs do tell me.
This discussion has been closed.