Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Video Uploader/Embedder

edited April 2009 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
How amazing would it be if like the "Attachments" and "Inline Images" add-ons, we could attach videos to a comment... uploaded from their local computer, into the our forums and then embedded into the comments to be played by other readers.

File Type Restrictions, File Size Restrictions, Etc.

Who's up for this challenge?

Comments

• Options
    This would be wonderful!
  • Options
    Sounds like a lot of work...
  • Options
    why not just upload video to youtube and embed from there?
  • Options
    sounds like this: http://lussumo.com/community/discussion/7300/chocolate-media-box/#Item_26
  • Options
    CommentAuthorcircuit - because then anyone, anywhere could view them and we use vanilla within our company so we wouldnt want to have company videos accessable by anyone who comes across them.

Hamed - Nope, sounds a lot smaller and less complex then that lol
  • Options
    bump bump
  • Options
    it would be pretty cool to have a more advance one, but i guess for coders a simple one is nicer
  • Options
    Hi, this is what I am very interested in. My client wants an internal discussion forum for their film company. Is it possible to upload video clips to the forum rather than a link to a video site like youtube? The material they show and discuss is confidential. Thanks
  • Options
    The reason why it is not done is because video hosting sites have the best set up for hosting videos. If you have such a set up fantastic otherwise, it is a bit pointless.

grep is your friend.