Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Following Marks blog? (New Garden stuff)

KrakKrak New
edited June 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I noticed something recently about the new backend he is coding (http://markosullivan.ca/blog/?p=83). He mentions Northwind, MS SQL. Don't have too much knowledge on these particulars but a quick google showed me that these are alternatives to MySQL (from Microsoft of course). Which were Windows only, I did not see any Linux versions etc. Can someone please tell me otherwise (shed some more light?), I hope he is not alienating 90% of the intarweb servers to run future Vanillas.

Comments

• Options
    I would guess that since he's been doing a load of work on database abstraction he hopes that the framework will run on both ms and mysql?
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    My guess is the same as Minisweeper's. He said earlier that he is using PDO, which is a database abstraction layer. Such a layer would allow an application built on it to use virtually any database backend that is supported by the layer.

<shameless plug>I however prefer xPDO, which is an extension to the aforementioned layer.</shameless plug>
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Mini/sirlancelot are correct. I'm hoping to support way more than just one database when the next version comes out. DB's I have in mind for support at release-time are MySQL, PostgreSql, and MSSql - so everyone on every platform gets a nice set of options.
  • Options
    Ah, ok, sweet. Choices are good. I like choices.
This discussion has been closed.