Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Vanilla- new board troubles

edited July 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I recently installed my copy of vanilla at mithrilforest.com/forum Most of the stuff dosent work, and some of the pages i try to go to are white. I have tried to reupload and reinstall, same problems. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Comments

• Options
    Check your server's error log. Completely blank pages are usually caused by both corrupted files and a server that doesn't show error messages (a security 'feature').
  • Options
    you site seems to be working?
  • Options
    Ok problem num 1 i cant log in unless i check remember me :P 2, cant post a new topic, blank page. 3 Settings page is blank 4 Any forms i submit i get the error "There was a problem authenticating your post information." I have yet to check server logs, going to do that now.
  • Options
    ok checked error log, heres just a few lines i pulled so we might be able to figure out what the problem is PHP Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: context in /hermes/bosweb/web015/b153/ipw.gusxtwo/mithrilforest.com/forum/appg/init_vanilla.php on line 44 PHP Warning: session_start() [<a href='function.session-start'>function.session-start</a>]: open(/var/php_sessions/sess_06b29aa0010f6d82c6726c90c4fa0e5b, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /hermes/bosweb/web015/b153/ipw.gusxtwo/mithrilforest.com/forum/library/People/People.Class.Authenticator.php on line 113 PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /hermes/bosweb/web015/b153/ipw.gusxtwo/mithrilforest.com/forum/library/Vanilla/Vanilla.Class.Discussion.php on line 229 PHP Warning: Unknown(): open(/var/php_sessions/sess_06b29aa0010f6d82c6726c90c4fa0e5b, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0 PHP Warning: Unknown(): Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/var/php_sessions) in Unknown on line 0 PHP Warning: session_start() [<a href='function.session-start'>function.session-start</a>]: open(/var/php_sessions/sess_06b29aa0010f6d82c6726c90c4fa0e5b, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /hermes/bosweb/web015/b153/ipw.gusxtwo/mithrilforest.com/forum/library/People/People.Class.Authenticator.php on line 113 PHP Warning: Unknown(): open(/var/php_sessions/sess_06b29aa0010f6d82c6726c90c4fa0e5b, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0 PHP Warning: Unknown(): Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/var/php_sessions) in Unknown on line 0 PHP Warning: session_start() [<a href='function.session-start'>function.session-start</a>]: open(/var/php_sessions/sess_06b29aa0010f6d82c6726c90c4fa0e5b, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /hermes/bosweb/web015/b153/ipw.gusxtwo/mithrilforest.com/forum/library/People/People.Class.Authenticator.php on line 113 PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /hermes/bosweb/web015/b153/ipw.gusxtwo/mithrilforest.com/forum/library/Vanilla/Vanilla.Class.Discussion.php on line 229
  • Options
    Urm, have you tryed replacing appg/init_vanilla.php

or is there a server fault, because your sessions are not working? Try to contact your host
  • Options
    My vbulletin works fine, wouldnt there be a problem with that if sessions didnt work corrrectly?
  • Options
    urm its not that then. I am not sure, have you tryed reinstallling
  • Options
    Yep, twice.
  • Options
    1. How do I inetegrate "vanilla forums" to my website. 2. How to I manipulate "Sticky"
  • Options
    Fine1952 this is totaly off topic, Please don't do this.

each time you install it do you get the same results or diffenent
  • Options
    Exact same issues.
  • Options
    Try just reinstalling the three folders inside the library folder, and make sure if you are using FTP to upload in ASCII mode. Then try binary mode.

I've had a lot of FTP clients that just give up when you try uploading too many files at once, so try each folder individually.
  • Options
    will do. Thanks for the help.
  • Options
    !! well it fixed the blank pages, as far as i can see.. Whenever i submit a forum though i still get the error "There was a problem authenticating your post information."
This discussion has been closed.