Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Error When Creating A Username

edited September 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I get the following error when I try to create users from the apply for membership link and the add users extension. Any idea what's going on here?

A fatal, non-recoverable error has occurred
Technical information (for support personel):

Error Message
An error occurred while creating a new user.
Affected Elements
UserManager.CreateUser();

The error occurred on or near: Field 'SubscribeOwn' doesn't have a default value

Comments

• Options
    I have the exact same thing. Have searched the user manual for mysql 5.0 ( my server grade ), but thats not much help - i barely know what mysql is! I have in he last week come from knowing nothing about anything to having a nice blog ( wordpress) and vanilla forum setup just fine....looks great. It makes me feel like a genius!! i love it. The only thing is this damn co-sign in problem - for the blog and the forum to have the same sign in. can anyone help? error message says something about line 200 on my library>framework>framework.Class.sqlBuilder.php
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    It is related to an extension.
    If you have removed the extension, just drop the SubscribeOwn field (or set a default value) and remove any settings left by the extension in conf/settings.php.

If you are still using the extension, you should check with extension author (maybe put the name of the field in Title of this discussion if you don't know which extension is causing the problem).
This discussion has been closed.