Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Highlighting Admins' Comments

edited July 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Here is what I'd like to do:

On comments.php

if AuthUserRole = ['Administrator'] comments.style.backgroundColor = "#1874CD"; if AuthUserRole = ['Guest'], ['Member'] comments.style.backgroundColor = "transparent"

This should highlight the Administrator comments as Blue, but doesn't! -- and leave the Guest and Member comments as White. If anyone could give me a hand.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2008
    you should create a new theme for that, in short:
    1- create a new folder inside the Themes folder, name it as you want
    2- copy comments.php from the Themes folder and paste it inside the new folder created in 1
    3- edit that themes/new_folder/comments.php , line 69 (approx):
    if ($Comment->AuthUserRole == 'Administrator') $CommentClass .= 'AdminHighlighted';4- add the css needed in vanilla.css (i don't know if need to add in the default one ore also create a new style inside the newly created theme folder)#Comments li.AdminHighlighted { background-color:#1874CD; }
    edit: I hope I haven't forget anything!

if the color doesn't show up in the background, add !importantjust between the color code and the ; in the css
  • Options
    An excellent feature that could be added to the core with a single checkbox! :)
  • Options
    An excellent feature that could be added to the core with a single checkbox! :)
    Yes, a Text Box to Type the HEX Color Code for the Color of the Comment Background. Maybe I can mess with it and add this.

btw, Miquel - Thanks for that!
This discussion has been closed.