Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Adding Website HTML pages to Vanilla

edited August 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I've seen a few discussions concerning this but not one that actually gets to the heart of the issue (for me). I have an html website. I also have installed Vanilla to handle my Blog and Discussions. What I'm thinking about doing (assuming it can be done) is add a tab in Vanilla to my website's home page (not PHP) so everything will appear to be in one place. Is there a way to create a new tab (or more than one tab) for my website home page which when opened it remains in the Vanilla appearance as though it is part of Vanilla (even if it really isn't). Basically, I want the Blog, Discussions and my website to have the same look and at least appear to be in the same place.

Added clarification, when the website home page opens, that (and all other website pages) will have the look of the Vanilla sidebar but without the content for Vanilla. That would, of course, only appear when one clicks on either the blog or discussions tab.

I saw this at Spode. His Archive tab shows in the same menu navigation but when the page opens it is an html page opening elswhere. I can change the appearance of my website pages to use the same menu navigation tabs as in Vanilla to make it all look the same.

Thanks,

Comments

• Never tried, but the add-on named Nuggets is known to be able to do that.
  • create a plugin for that its would be easy
  • try pagemanager, you can add urls of new pages and they'll get added at the menu as a new tab
  • Would it make sense to create a new theme for Vanilla? You could adapt Vanilla to look like your site instead of the other way round.
  • With page manager, everything you stated above is possible. You can give a url for a given tab so that tab shows the web page on that url. Also, you can insert a fresh html into a tab which spodes does.
This discussion has been closed.