Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Thankful people modification (I am paying)

edited August 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I came across an add-on that is similar to what I need, however I need a few modifications to it. I am willing to pay anyone who can do this for me - just email me at jokeiroo@yahoo.com.
The details follow:
------------------------
The original mod: http://lussumo.com/addons/index.php?PostBackAction=AddOn&AddOnID=225

The original modification works when someone clicks a link at the top of someone's post (link titled 'thanks'). When they do that, a widget appears at the bottom of the post saying 'Thankful people: '. I need this add-on to be modified a little bit.

What I need:
I need someone to modify this to have permission groups, just like many mods. So I would have to give a group permission to use the Thankful people extension. If someone doesn't have permission to use it, they cannot view the 'thanks' link on the post corner.

Please email me with your price, and we can work something out :).

Comments

• Options
    So to sum it all up, I just need the ability to add permission groups to this add-on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    If all you want is a role-based permission, I'm pretty sure you could accomplish this by adding, like... 3 lines of code. All you need to add is a dictionary definition for the permission, a default value for the permission, and then an appropriate if-condition.
This discussion has been closed.