Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Best way to add commands to comment grid

edited August 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
As part of the Community Moderation extension that I am working on, I need to add commands to each comment in the comment grid for users to click on to perform the moderation. I can, of course, use the CommentGrid / PreCommentOptionsRender delegate and tag on text to the $CommentList variable to insert HTML in front of the 'delete' command, and that works fine. However, I am wondering if I should be using a Control or even PostBackControl for these commands. Can a Control be rendered and displayed in this position? Should I use PostBackControls to implement these commands (which would ideally do the necessary thing in the database to mark the moderation, update the display to the user, and return him to viewing the comment he was just on) or is there an Ajax facility I should look into using, similar to how the 'delete' command works? Any other ideas? Thanks!

Comments

• I ended up using the method that ThankfulPeople uses, with an Ajax script that runs when you click the links. Thanks to everyone who was responsible for making Ajax so easy to use in Vanilla. =)
This discussion has been closed.