Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Attachments Extension Error

edited August 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I have just installed Attachments 2.1 Without it, if I try to start a new discussion without a title I get an error message "You must enter a value for the discussion topic input." with the form redisplayed for correction. With Attachemnets installed, if I do the same thing I get the rather less helpful error "The requested discussion could not be found." and nothing else. Now I know what it is, I can just goback and correct my mistake, but when I first did it I had no idea what had happened and I'm sure that will be the case for most users of the forum. Can anybody point me towards what might be causing this. I'm happy to have a bash at fixing it but I don't really know enough about how Vanilla works to know where to start looking.

Comments

• Options
    This bug should be fixed in the next version of Vanilla--to fix it yourself, you need to edit one of the files like so: Forced Category # 10

The problem comes from attachments tricking Vanilla into believing it has a valid new discussion, when it really doesn't. Let me know if this works for you.
  • Options
    Next version of Vanilla... can we expect it soon (like this year)? =D
  • Options
    Thanks. When I tried it, the form was displayed with the correct (vanilla) error message, but I got a php error message at the top of the screen ... undefined variable I changed: $ResultDiscussion->DiscussionID > 0 to: isset($ResultDiscussion->DiscussionID) and it all appeared to work correctly. I don't really know what I'm doing and I'm still checking this out. Perhaps someone who knows vanilla and/or php could confirm - or otherwise - that this should work in all circumstances. Thank you, Tony
This discussion has been closed.