Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Vanilla on EGT Worlds, integrates well

edited August 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I just have to say that the people/person(s) who developed Vanilla get kudos. This forum is the best forum for integration. It integrated very well with my random database, I just had to write about 5 - 10 lines of code to make my authentication process automatically log in users and add users when new users register. Grant it, there is some duel maintenance but I think for know it shout be fine.

I also have to say the extensions work great, great idea! Now if only I could write one, so that you can right a review on a certain website and that website's details would show up. If you go to the search screen on my site you'll see that each website has its own detail information, IE: Total Rating, Last Comment ... I want the ability to have users write a fantastic review for each website and I want that detail information to show up in each review (First Comment). Any Suggestions on how I should get started? Here is an image for the idea: example

Comments

• Options
    you could code you self make site to add a record in the db which vanilla would use. So when a user submits it adds to the database remote of vanilla. But vanilla would still read it because it would be pulling it out of the db.

Does that make sence
  • Options
    Thanks, I had already done that. The only problem is that the forum profile can not cross-populate the EGT Worlds Profile. It hasn't posed a problem yet. Each user can sign on through the EGT Worlds interface, and register through the interface, and create a profile this will create the account for vanilla. Thanks :)
This discussion has been closed.