Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Question! how to export and embed stuff from account.php to pagemng

edited August 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
i'd like to create a page with page manager and i'd also like to embed the username and account picture from account.php.

is it enough to copy and paste the necessary code snipets from a->to b , like the div/id with the account picture and such or does it need a lot more than that?

thanks

edit: i've added the "Question"-word to signalize ; it's not a "how to" step by step guide :)

Comments

• Options
    Why don't you try it and tell us? ;) Probably no one has tried this yet, so try it and report back to us!

P.S. your title implies you had written a HOWTO do just this — "how to export and embed stuff from account.php to pagemng".
  • Options
    oh it was really just a question, and stash, you could'nt believe it but (and now guess what!) i've tried it and it ended up in a disaster.

so the report is actually:
    don't try to copy account.php into the page manager textfield, even if it says html and php is okay !
    so the moral of a story is: it's better to ask first.

ok so here we go :)
  • Options
    page manager supports php, so you can simply access the Session class information. eg.<?php echo $GLOBALS['Context']->Session->User->Name; ?> or something to that effect; not sure if I'm remembering the heirarchy correctly...
  • Options
    hey sirnot, that was a good one, it works.

thanks a lot :)
This discussion has been closed.