Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Enable iFrames

edited September 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Is it possible to enable iFrames in vanilla somehow?

Thanks!

Comments

• You want to enable iframe content in a comment?

Bad idea (from a security perspective), but if you *really* want to, install and enable the HTML Formatter extension and remove 'iframe' from the Html_DisallowedTags array $Html_DisallowedTags = array('link', 'iframe', 'frame', 'frameset', 'object', 'param', 'embed', 'style', so you end up with$Html_DisallowedTags = array('link', 'frame', 'frameset', 'object', 'param', 'embed', 'style',
  • edited April 2010
    Does this still exist in Vanilla2?

It would be great to have an add-on that allowed iframes for admins. We're needing to embed CoverItLive iframes.

I'd pay $30 for a plugin that does this.
  • Htmlpurifier will block all iframes even if you add them to the allowed tags. So you either have to disable htmlpurifier and then have a plugin preventing the escaping of html (ie its not rendered) or somehow hack html purifier (which i tried and failed).
  • What about a plugin that disables HTML purifier for admins?
  • That sounds like a good idea. Tie HTML Purifier to the Vanilla permissions (much like Drupal does), just default it to on by default - opt out.
  • I also need iFrames to work. Any news on this one?
  • RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭
    Screw iframes! If you need iframes then you shouldn't be using open source software. :P
  • Hi Guys,

This is a great idea. Is there the ability to disable HTML purifier for Admins only?

Would love to know if anything ever came of this.

Best,
  • I would like to have the same feature!
  • lucluc ✭✭
    V2 is using HTML Lawed now.