Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

DirectSignIn Add-on does not work

edited September 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I have tried numerous times to download the Direct Sign In add-on and it appears to download, but when I go to unzip the file it says, "cannot open file: it does not appear to be a valid archive." Thanks for any help!

Comments

• edited September 2008
  • edited September 2008
    OS is XP Pro. Thank you miquel!
  • I just tried to download the zip file again, for about the tenth time, and it worked. So I think I am back on track. Thank you.
  • Okay, I got the "Proceed" button to show and positioned proplerly. Has anyone figured out a way to make it work by just pressing the Enter key on the keyboard? Also, the "Remember Me", "Forgot your Password", and "Apply for Membership" links don't work. Is there something else I need to do in the code? FYI, the forum link is www.cfcare.org/forum Thank you.
  • Can anyone help? Please?
  • I was having trouble with the .zip file too... but if I throw the whole thing into an editor I can see the individual files... very wierd.

this might help (found in the readme.txt):
    In order to get the links working properly, the file 'people_signin_form_nopostback.php' in your theme folder should be edited in lines 25 & 26, replacing '$this->Context->SelfUrl' for 'people.php' (with the quotes), so:
    <li class="ForgotPasswordLink"><a href="'.GetUrl($this->Context->Configuration, $this->Context->SelfUrl, '', '', '', '', 'PostBackAction=PasswordRequestForm').'">'.$this->Context->GetDefinition('ForgotYourPassword').'</a></li> <li class="ApplyForMembershipLink"><a href="'.GetUrl($this->Context->Configuration, $this->Context->SelfUrl, '', '', '', '', 'PostBackAction=ApplyForm').'">'.$this->Context->GetDefinition('ApplyForMembership').'</a></li>

should be:
    <li class="ForgotPasswordLink"><a href="'.GetUrl($this->Context->Configuration, 'people.php', '', '', '', '', 'PostBackAction=PasswordRequestForm').'">'.$this->Context->GetDefinition('ForgotYourPassword').'</a></li> <li class="ApplyForMembershipLink"><a href="'.GetUrl($this->Context->Configuration, 'people.php', '', '', '', '', 'PostBackAction=ApplyForm').'">'.$this->Context->GetDefinition('ApplyForMembership').'</a></li>
  • Wonderful! It works. Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.