Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Hidden categories/discussions

edited September 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Is there any way to make a category or discussion hidden to a given role? I've got an existing forum and would like to invite some new members, but some of the discussions aren't for public consumption. I thought either I'd make a "Hidden" category and move the discussions into it, or better yet, hide the discussions directly. I've been browsing through the add-ons but haven't been able to find anything.

Comments

• StashStash
    edited September 2008
    You're in luck, this is supported natively without the need for any extensions. It is achieved by disallowing all roles (barring the ones you want to allow) from viewing a Category. To do this, log in as an admin, go to Settings > Categories and then Edit the category you wish to "hide".

At the bottom where it says "Roles allowed to take part in this category" untick all roles that you wish to hide the category from and then Save.

Hope this helps.
  • Hey, thanks Mr Stash. Worked like a charm.
This discussion has been closed.