Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

MySQL queries are stressing the server

edited September 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
First: Sorry for my english :( Second: I'm hosting a small Vanilla board (about 50 members) and for a few weeks now it runs very slow. Some members reportet server timeouts. I asked my hoster and they told me some MySQL queries are taking to long. This is stressing the server to much and the timeouts occur. Does anyone understand what I am trying to say? Is their any way of configuring MySQL to shorten the time for the queries? Could it be one or more extension which is/are responsible for this problem? I am using the following Extensions: Mootools AccountPictures AddCommentBox AddMember CommentRemoval DefaultIcon DeleteUser DiscussionFilters FeedPublisher MembersList AjaxQuote NewApplicants PanelLists PreviewPost QuickWhisper RelNoFollow Smile UserFilters Vanillacons WhisperNotification WhosOnline PageMng SavedSearches MemberGoogleMap JQuery JQmedia ForcedBBCode Mootools

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2008
    My first guess would be WhisperNotification... everything else doesn't look like it would be hard on the database.

You may want to look into trying out SimpleCache to lighen the load.
  • Options
    vanoobvanoob New
    edited September 2008
    -edited- sorry i was talking bullshit, i was going to mention that members list might be a hog. Try disabling extensions one by one and see if it improves performance.
  • Options
    OT: Mootools twice? That just a typo?

What about WhosOnline? Doesn't that use db calls on every page?
  • Options
    Thank you for your answers, I will try to find out which one it is by deactivating them all and activating them again one by one. Hopefully this will help.
This discussion has been closed.