Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Unable to log in

edited September 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hi, I installed vanilla and can't log in. I don't see an administrative login option anywhere either. Login attempts just go ignored. These are steps I undertook during installation process that I'm not sure about •When prompted to enter db name and username I entered what I could, after creating the db from CPanel. I left the last line blank bcs I didn't know what went there. The installation seemed to take and I was brought to the next step. •When prompted to make chmod changes I clicked on the next button and was brought to the next screen •When prompted to enter a path for cookies I entered ~/forum/ •Vanilla is in the folder it arrived in, inside my public_html folder. The forum folder is on the same level as Vanilla. •After installation I was brought to the login screen, but I am unable to log in. Attempts are ignored. Help appreciated muchly, Kimi

Comments

• Options
    You shouldn't have changed what was in the cookie path field--its the cookies that are used to see if you are logged in, but Vanilla is looking in the wrong place for them.

You can edit the conf/settings.php file to set the path back, or even just make it empty--= '';

Or, probably simplier, if you delete the four .php files in the conf folder you can run through the install again.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Thanks. The installation instructions might need a bit of work [Let me know if you need help with that, I'll do my best to contribute]. I was instructed to choose a path for cookies, so I made a choice. The wrong one, obviously. I would have left this alone if I'd known that was best. Here's some of the relevant code. I don't understand your reference to empty or what invoking it will do [and do I use those open and closing tags appearing in your statement?] Maybe you can say what I ought to change . . . $Configuration['BASE_URL'] = 'http://tekkiti.com/Vanilla-1.1.4/'; $Configuration['COOKIE_DOMAIN'] = 'tekkiti.com'; $Configuration['COOKIE_PATH'] = '/forum/';
  • Options
    This ought to do it:
    $Configuration['COOKIE_DOMAIN'] = '.tekkiti.com'; $Configuration['COOKIE_PATH'] = '/Vanilla-1.1.4/';
This discussion has been closed.