Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

SLOOOOOOW - estabilished forum, anyone help me work out why?

rockwaldorockwaldo New
edited September 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hi chaps,
We've been running a vanilla forum for a couple of years now, and while it's always been quite whippy fast the past year or so it has REALLY slowed down. I have tried all manner of extension removals and hosting changes but now we are in a situation where it is proper slow, and no amount of table maintainence or emptying of the IPHistory table seems to help?

I've tried to look at the LOWCAL extension but I cant work out how to implement it?

Anyway, the forum is here http://forum.stillwater-rock.com/

Any help is very much appreciated.

Comments

• edited September 2008
    Low-Cal Vanilla will not help; it just reduce the number of requests and compress them. It doesn't help reducing the load on the server. I would disable it or just disable the compression.
  • Which extensions have you enabled before? (even if they are disabled now)
  • edited September 2008
    Are you using the "who's Online" plugin? On another well established Vanilla forum where I am a member Admin noticed that the MySQL table that logs IP addresses and times for the "who's Online" feature had grown to 1.2 million records after 29 months. Emptying the table and then running an optimization on tables with overhead solved the problem. An unintended consequence was a reset of the unique visitors count in the sidebar statistics plugin.
This discussion has been closed.