Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Auto Login?

edited September 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I plan to put vanilla within another site that already requires user authentication. Is there an easy way or existing extension that will allow me to just pass in some session params or something so vanilla logs me in and doesn't require the user to login again?

Comments

• Options
    Well the way I have done it is to make it so that "remember me" is always checked (changed to hidden input instead of checkbox) so that means it always creates a cookie called lussumocookietwo and the value of that cookie corresponds in the database to the column VerificationKey in the correct user row.
    So if you make sure their usernames are the same in the forum as the website itself (and block people from making a forum account if they don't have a website account already, and has to be the same username, and other things that will help with security that I'm sure you can think of) then you can simply make it so that the website itself creates the cookie with the right value whenever you log in to the website, therefore making Vanilla think the user has logged in.
    Of course you have to be very careful on how you employ this method because it can easily be insecure if not done properly.
This discussion has been closed.