Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Problem with Attachments Extension

edited October 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I have just installed Vanilla and am having a problem with the attachments extension. The extension seems to be working fine until I click on start your discussion when I get the following error message: "Some problems were encountered You are not allowed to upload (test.rtf) the requested file type: text/rtf". Before anyone asks, I have enabled attachment posting in roles and permissions. There are also two notices at the top of the page: "Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/rose/public_html/vanilla/extensions/Attachments/default.php on line 703 Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$DiscussionID in /home/rose/public_html/vanilla/library/Vanilla/Vanilla.Control.DiscussionForm.php on line 124". It seems that it is possible to attach jpegs and pdfs so the problem seems to apply just to rtf documents. Is anyone able to shed any light on what the problem here might be and how to fix it? Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2008
    Sorry, should have posted this in the Add ons category. Is anyone able to move it? Edit - Ignore this post, I have worked out I can edit posts and have moved it myself.
  • Options
    I have moved this to the general support section as I have had no response in add ons. Is no one able to help with this problem?
  • Options
    Have you check the attachment discussion? http://lussumo.com/community/discussion/5547/4/attachments/
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Yes I have and there seem to be a lot of problems with no solutions. I couldn't find anyone with the same error message as me. Anyway, I seem to have a bigger problem now. Vanilla won't let me sign in - I keep getting an error: "An appropriate representation of the requested resource /vanilla/people.php could not be found on this server. Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request." vanilla/people/php is definitely on the server so don't know what this is all about. I can sign in if I go directly to the people/php file but not via the sign in link on the front page.
This discussion has been closed.