Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Disable Bumping?

edited October 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hi, Is there a mod or add-on that disables bumping of discussions? For example, if a thread was over 2 years old, anyone who posts a new reply will not bump that thread. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Excellent suggestion for an add-on, funny it hasn't been mentioned before.

Or maybe it was about 2 years ago, I'll check and resurrect the thread if I find it! :-)
  • Options
    You mean like a auto sinker? So if a topic had not being posted in 3 months it will sink
  • Options
    Yes. Essentially that is what I'm talking about and both of you are right. If you do find it, please let me know. Thanks.
  • Options
    I think this one does what you want... pic
  • Options
    @ Wanderer: Mm, sort of. I was hoping that users could still continue the discussion, but it just won't be bumped up.
  • Options
    Chronological will do that... but it's also not quite right, since it disables bumping based on category rather than age.
  • Options
    I hope I explained it correctly... Essentially it's like the "Auto Close" add-on Wanderer mentioned, but users are still able to continue the discussion. It's just that every new post for a discussion that has been created for a "x" amount of time will not "bump" the discussion to the top of the list.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    @squirrel: Thank you very much! It wasn't "exactly" what I was looking for, but it's much better than my original idea. I did test this out and I was just confused about marking a thread as "closed" in the settings, since comments can still be made. Of course, this is just my thought. Other than that, it works excellent. Thanks again!
  • Options
    @abcdefGARY: You are the admin on your forum, yes? You probably have the permission that lets you add comments to closed discussions. Try looking at the closed discussion with a regular user account. Other than that, is it missing anything you wanted?
  • Options
    Oh, I thought adding comments (after it is closed and sinking) was allowed for all users. My idea was actually allowing users (members) to comment but the discussion will sink (in this case) if the discussion is inactive. Other than that, it looks usable to me. Thanks again.
  • Options
    Expire has three different choices for old discussions: Sink - Users can still add comments but the discussion won't rise to the top. Close - Users can not add comments (but Admins can). Hide - The discussion will disappear as if it had been deleted (though it still exists in the database). Hope that clears things up.
  • Options
    oh! okay. thanks. everything works fine. :) thanks a lot!
This discussion has been closed.