Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Having Trouble Setting Correct Paths

edited October 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I'm using MediaTemple server, which installs everything in a folder (html folder), and I can't, for the life of me, set the correct paths. I have seemingly tried every combination. Could somebody mind offering me a solution? the vanilla folder is on the same level (root) as the index.html page. I just have a link from the index.html page to the vanilla folder. It seems pretty straight forward, but I'm obviously confused... Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2008
    login (via ssh) using your server admin account. Then go to html folder: "cd ../../domains/example.com/html/" To get the path: "echo $PWD" It will be something like: /home/######/domains/example.com/html if the forum is in a "forum" folder, in conf/settings.php set $Configuration['APPLICATION_PATH'] to /home/######/domains/example.com/html/forum
  • Options
    Hi, Thanks very much. The paths are correct now. However, something very odd is happening with the themes/style. If I navigate to my forum, it shows a basic html page, no style. And yet if I sign in, it shows me a stylized forum. Why would that be? Perhaps this is a whole other issue that I need to start another thread on, but I suppose it could be related. That's kind of bizarre, isn't it?
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    It is probably because you have/had a wrong theme path.

You need to reset the style. Go to settings > Themes and Styles. Select the theme and style, and tick the "Apply this style to all users" option.
    It should make it fine or basic for everybody. If it is basic, fix the theme settings in conf/settings.php.
  • Options
    Thanks very much, Dinoboff. It works fine now.
This discussion has been closed.