Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

There was a problem authenticating your post information.

edited March 2009 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hi.. i just installed Vanilla 1.1.5a and ive been getting this same message for everything... "There was a problem authenticating your post information." ... im new at this.. so if u please could help me... in the error logs i see this: PHP Warning: Unknown(): open(/var/php_sessions/sess_38ba0cb00ef7e7c451d17c6919c72c99, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0 PHP Warning: Unknown(): Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/var/php_sessions) in Unknown on line 0 thanks in advance...!

Comments

• Options
    Apache/php can't write the session data in /var/php_sessions/. You either have to change the permissions of var/php_sessions/ or fine on other place where to save the session data (set in php.ini with the session.save_path setting).
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I'm having the same problem. Everything was working fine until today. Any help?

Warning: Unknown(): open(/tmp/sess_65ccdd53c405ffd4150e6c4f03f1fa70, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown(): Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in Unknown on line 0

This is what it reads when I try to log out

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/tmp/sess_65ccdd53c405ffd4150e6c4f03f1fa70, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /homepages/38/d245896941/htdocs/library/People/People.Class.Authenticator.php on line 109
  • Options
    Who is your provider?
  • Options
    Everything works fine now.

All I had to do was cleared my cache, cookies, and authenticated session on my browser.
  • Options
    Dinoboff my hosting company is dreamhost, how do I go about fixing php sessions from my end?
  • Options
    I tried to find a solution on their website, but with no success. You should ask dreamhost directly how to change the php session settings (and let us know).