Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

User Login Woes

edited October 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Ok, I'm trying to integrate my site to use the Vanilla login system, I've got this on my index.php page: include('../forum/appg/settings.php'); include_once("../forum/appg/init_people.php"); if ($Context->Session->UserID > 0) { echo 'Logged in'; } else { echo 'Not Logged In'; } I can print_r($Context->Session) just find, so the includes are working and the object is being built. However I never see 'Logged In' Even though I'm logged in and can go directly to the forum... Is there something else I need to include or a function I need to run? Totally Lost here...

Comments

• *sighs* I've read through every post and it seems what I am doing is correct, but there is no session data...It's as if the session disappears on my other pages. I've var_dump($_SESSION); after including the files and it's empty. Does anybody have an idea why?
  • I'm afraid Vanilla isn't going to be a good forum for my site if I can't integrate the User system.....sux cause I'm really tired of seeing phpBB everywhere
This discussion has been closed.