Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Problem after renaming vanilla folder

edited April 2009 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hopefully someone can help here. I recently uploaded Vanilla and began editing it but someone on here pointed out that having vanilla 1.1.5a as my main folder name probably wasnt the best idea. So i changed it to "community" and went into the conf>settings.php file and changed all the settings to reflect the new file name. Now when i go to my URL i get the Vanilla set up page again instead of my forum, i tried the link to install again but it recognised that i had already installed Vanilla. Anybody have any ideas as to why?

Comments

• Options
    It can't find conf/settings.php. You/your provider/your ftp server might have changed the permissions of it; apache/php can't read it.

You could remove every *.php files from conf/ and the database to be able to reinstall it.
  • Options
    Well I did my first upgrade from 1.1.5a to 1.1.7 and all was going well until I also tried to rename my Vanilla-1.1.5 a folder to just plain "Vanilla". Seem to have broken a bunch of config lines. Does anyone have a step by step procedure for renaming the folder and then editing the files that need to be changed to get the board back on line with the renamed folder? I just thought it would be better to not list the version number on the folder since it changes but if I can't get a step-by-step for doing this I am just going to forget the renaming idea.

Thanks!

Dan
  • Options
    Go to your conf/settings.php and update the lines that contain the old path to the new one.
  • Options
    Ok,

Thanks,

But when I do that I get a whole page of errors having to do with the path "vanilla/appg/init_vanilla.php on line 21 (or other line numbers)".

I mucked around with that last night and took me quite sometime to get the board running again. I wised up and did a backup of the vanilla folder today so I could get back to square one but still get the appg.init_vanilla.php errors when doing the conf/settings.php edit. What am I missing here?

Also a newbie question, when you do a vanilla folder backup and a new post is placed on the functioning board is the database that is changed outside the vanilla folder or do I have to re=backup the vanilla folder again before I take the board offline to update a new version of vanilla when it comes out in order to keep the new data that may have changed while the board was online?

Dan
  • Options
    Hi Shaun, I found out yesterday the same thing when I had to rename from 'vanilla' to 'forum'. The 'conf/settings.php' file is the only one documented but if you had customised a theme to leave the default one intact you will also need to access your database and change the entries in the table LUM_Style to point to the corrected URL. Hope that helps. David.