Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Confused about conf!

I apologize if this a repeat post, but I couldn't find exactly what I needed. I just upgraded the Vanilla forum from .9xx to 1.5a (big jump, I know). It's been smooth sailing until the permissions. I know nothing about editing php documents, so if you could spell it out for me in lehman's how to give permission, I'd appreciate it. Right now in the conf folder, I have old_settings.php, the extensions and language files from the appg folder from the old Vanilla suite. I don't know where to get the database file from. I'm worn out. Help!

Comments

• Options
    bump
  • Options
    The install program should be creating those files in the conf folder... you may need to set permissions on the folder itself, which you can usually do with your ftp program. Try right-click and choose properties, and make sure that everyone has read, write and execute permissions. When the install is complete, then set the permissions back the way they were.
  • Options
    I'm using Dreamweaver's FTP and I don't know if I can set permissions that way. I gave up for a while. And I'm at it again. If anyone can offer any guidance, I'd appreciate it.
  • Options
    Okay. So I downloaded WinSCP to use as my FTP.
    Got that set up to connect to the remote server.
    Right clicked on the "conf" folder in the "forum" (or whatever) folder and changed the permissions so that Vanilla can do its thing. (right click > Properties)
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    OK, now with the properties dialog open, either change the number to 0755 or arrange the checkboxes to match:

You should do this to the extensions, languages, conf, setup, and themes folders, then try the installer again.
  • Options
    Yes! Thanks, Dave.