Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Some blog and podcast advice requested

tbrtbr
edited October 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
The coming spring, as part of my education (which btw is not web-tech-related), I will start a combined blog and podcast. I know you guys are great when it comes to these things so therefore I'm asking here...

Each day of the week I will upload a new podcast chapter. I will also, irregularily, post regular blog posts about the project. The features I need are:

- Easy to theme/design from scratch - I know html, css and javascript very well but almost no server side stuff, I'm willing to take the time to do this but preferably it should be well documented and fairly straight forward.
- Possibility to have different designs for different categories of blog posts - the podcast chapters will be in a few different categories and for clarity and esthetic purposes each of the categories should have its own colour scheme, even when they are all shown together on the same page...
- Possibility to cutoff the front page list of posts by number of days rather than number of posts. I always want to show the podcasts and blog posts created during the last seven days.

Hmm yeah that's pretty much it. I'm thinking maybe it would be easier to learn a bit of server side stuff and just do this from scratch - otoh it would be nice to have a comment system, for instance, that is tried-and-true when it comes to spam protection.

Any suggestions? Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.