Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

migrating from mqsyl 4 to mysql 5

edited November 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Thanks in advance, I have been running a forum with Vanilla for a little over a year now on mysql 4 and my hosting service recently contacted me to say that they will no longer continue to support myql 4 and that I must migrate 5. Has anyone done this recently? How many changes will I have to make to the system files? How complicated is this process? Thanks so much for your help.

Comments

• Options
    phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP
    Hi caaron, I had a change like that a year ago and experienced no troubles with vanilla or other php-basd applications at all. As long as some clean coding inside it works outside. ;) So maybe make a backup before and go on with the switch. Professionals here can tell you maybe more about the technical aspet of php5 dealing with php4, there might be something like a compatibility layer. Nice Greetz p*
    • VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
This discussion has been closed.