Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

smtp issue

edited November 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I am getting this error when trying to send a password recovery email. A fatal, non-recoverable error has occurred Technical information (for support personel): Error Message An error occurred while sending the email. Affected Elements Email.Send(); The error occurred on or near: mail() [function.mail]: Failed to connect to mailserver at "localhost" port 25, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use ini_set() I am trying to get this to work with an exchange server. i tired simply editing the php.ini file to include the exchange server but I don't think it works on port 25. i also did not restart any services do i need to do that for the changes to take effect

Comments

• Options
    Your Exchange server probably doesnt offer SMTP. Try telnetting to it on 25 and seeing what happens.
  • Options
    It can also be blocked by your ISP. Quite often they block port 25 to stop Spam bots from taking over one of their customers computers and sending out Spam. Try using port 587.
This discussion has been closed.