Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Moved forum to new server...logged out, can't get back in...? Help, please!

edited November 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hi guys, I really need some insight here. I've been moving [well, trying] my small vanilla install from one server to another since i switched domains. I followed the instructions in this thread...specifically, dinoboff's installing vanilla in a dummy database and then poitning it to the actual, imported database.

I got it to work! I was all set up...look and feel the same, extensions up and running just as modified. I essentially had two versions of my forum on two different domains (since my original is not yet expired). And then I logged out...

I created a user in my new install and intended to logout and login and this user. I can't get back in though! Nothing is working...it will not let my admin info through. I checked my database, specifically in the User table, and all of the information is there as it should be (compared to my old install).

What happened? Any help is greatly appreciated...I've attempted this migration the past two nights, and I was there tonight!!! Just can't get back into it now... :(

Comments

• Options
    Check out this discussion: http://lussumo.com/community/discussion/8173/cant-sign-in/
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Thank you Dinoboff!! I did just as the user did in that thread, manually changing the value and requesting a new password...

So no way of getting around having my users requests new passwords, huh? Not a huge deal since my forum is so small though.

And for some reason, any interaction on people.php is completely void of styling. Gonna have to look into that...?

edit: Duh...just needed to "apply theme to all users" to fix that.

Again, thanks Dinoboff - much appreciated!
This discussion has been closed.