Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Need assisitance with a theme I am working on

edited November 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Okay, So I'm absolutely brand new to Vanilla, however after tinkering with it for two days I've decided I'm going to use it to help me build an actual website, not just a forum, anyways, I've been working through the CSS for about 4 hours, and I feel like I have a lot accomplished starting from the base theme and expanding it to be something else entirely. Somewhere along the lines however the side panel has decided it does not want to play very nicely, you can see the work in progress evolve here at this location http://www.ebenonce.com/CMS_Test/Vanilla/ , if someone wouldn't mind taking a look at my Vanilla.css file and see if they can help, I would be happy to share this.

Comments

• Options
    I have just noticed that the sidebar appears to behave in Google Chrome but not Firefox, however page elements are misplaced, assistance would be appreciated greatly.
  • Options
    Okay, well I've tested it in three Browsers, the only one it seems to display correctly on is IE8 (unfortunate), it displays okay in Chrome, and does not seem to display well in Firefox. I took the liberty of unjumbling much of the CSS as I browsed through it, as I go to sleep I wanted to provide you all with the CSS in the hopes that I may wake with atleast a good starting point. http://www.ebenonce.com/CMS_Test/Vanilla/themes/vanilla/styles/default/vanilla.css I'm am very serious about asking for help, I don't often do it, but If I get enough positive feedback from the Vanilla community I may just hang around and offer asstistence to others. :)
  • Options
    I'm really lost and I am not going to be able to get any further until I can atleast be pointed in the right direction, I'm trying to refrain from creating multiple threads, but I don't understand why it has taken over one solid day and no one has taken the time to reply, if no one thinks I have tried to search for the answer myself they are dead wrong, that's why I'm here.
  • Options
    Unfortunately, the changes are more than simple edits--it takes a lot of time to wrap your head around what someone is trying to do, and I've already looked at this twice.

The negative 300 margin sticks out like a sore thumb, so I would say try to undo the changes that that margin was supposed to fix. Failing that, go back to the main stylesheet and copy over only the colors of your new style. Moving the tabs over should be as simple as changing one line.
  • Options
    Changing the width of the panel should be changes on two lines: widening it in #Panel then adding the same number of pixels to the left margin of #Content
  • Options
    I’m thinking about placing the panel to the right of the content instead, I’m going to try and repost.
  • Options
    Okay, I’m a little boned, I have not found a way to move the sidebar anywhere other than in the way, I simply want to align the sidebar back to the left but I cannot seem to define that at all, help would be appreciated.
This discussion has been closed.