Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Email configuration

edited December 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I just got Vanilla setup and running on a paid hosting plan from GoDaddy on one of my domains, and for the most part everything has been running smoothly, with the exception of the email bit. I can't seem to get it to connect via SMTP to Gmail (I read about a few workarounds for Gmail's TLS requirement, and tried to implement them to no success), but it also wont connect to inbox.com's SMTP, which to my knowledge, does not require TLS. Is there any workaround for this? I would like email functionality but there is no way I can use the local email server, and my options both don't seem to work.

Comments

• Options
    This might be out of date, but i am experimenting with vanilla on godaddy at the moment, and using 'localhost' in the smtp field w/o user/pass works...but I am trying to figure out how a member might be able to email another member when replying to a post...
This discussion has been closed.