Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Application form warninig

edited December 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I have already seen the explanation of how to edit the standard application form observations but I still do not understand the procedure. Below is an extract from language.php which I understand. !!!!!DO NOT ALTER THIS FILE!!!!! * If you need to make changes to these definitions, add the new definitions to * your conf/language.php file. Definitions made there will override these. Below is what I want to alter as new applicants are automatically granted member status. $Context->Dictionary['AboutMembership'] = '<h2>About membership</h2> <p>This membership <strong>application</strong> form does not grant immediate access to the site. All membership applications are reviewed by an administrator before acceptance. You are <strong>not</strong> guaranteed access to the application by filling out this form.</p> <p>Please do not enter invalid or incorrect information in this form or you will most likely not be granted access to the site.</p> <p>All information entered in this form will be kept strictly confidential.</p>'; But below is what appears on conf/language.php file, so the question is where do I place the above '$Context' etc. before I edit it, between </php and ?. or what? Answers will be gratefully received. <?php // Custom Language Definitions ?>

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2008
    Hi I would use "languages/English/definitions.php" file to edit the text. When you upgrade your forum I do not think you need to overwrite this file. Burak
This discussion has been closed.